Friday, November 4, 2011

Thankful in ALL Things

While reading my Bible yesterday afternoon, I came across this verse:  "Giving thanks for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ." Ephesians 5:20 I was reminded that we are to give thanks for EVERYTHING, not just the good things. While we are busy being thankful for everything, it leaves no room for self-pity and complaining. While not everything may be desirable, we can learn to be thankful for it anyway, we don't see the whole picture and do not know what God is going to do through that situation. God's ways are not our ways, but they are always best.

God has helped me be thankful for some not-so-pleasant things such as sleepless nights, leaky diapers, interruptions from children when I am busy, fingerprints all over my windows, and the list goes on. How can I be thankful for them? Because I know some women who would do anything to have those moments, their babies being taken from them too soon. I am thankful for each moment God lets me have with my children, I never know when it will be the last. I can be thankful about my miscarriage because even though I am saddened by it, God is using a dark time to bring me even closer to Him.

I am thankful for little things as well--the beautiful fall-ish weather we are having (AZ has the perfect fall weather!), kisses from a cute little girl with a runny nose, a little boy telling me thank you for breakfast voluntarily, snuggling with my husband and watching a movie together while we eat ice cream.

I have to say, God has really blessed me, and for that, I am thankful!
What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment